I’m excited to announce the immediate availability of VMware Horizon Mail (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vmware.ewsc.android) from Google Play. VMware Horizon Mail is a native Android collaboration application that allows you to access your email, calendar, contacts, tasks and files from any Android device. Based on your feedback for the fling (app formerly called, VMware Zimbra for Android), we decided to productize and release the app via Google Play.
Horizon Mail supports any Microsoft ActiveSync compliant email server and also supports the VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS). With ZCS as the backend, Horizon Mail offers several additional ZCS-only features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, and others that are not available in any of the Android email applications in the market today. Horizon Mail was tested with Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010 and Zimbra Collaboration Suite 6.x, 7.x and 8.x. It supports Android 2.x, 3.x and 4.x.
There are a lot of cool features in VMware Horizon Mail, and some of the highlights include:
- Comprehensive capabilities for Email, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks
- Best-in-market support for VMware Zimbra Collaboration Suite with features such as Briefcase, Saved Searches, etc.
- Clean, elegant but powerful user interface
- Create widgets to access email, contacts and calendar from home screen
- Conversation mode
- Comprehensive folder support with ability to automatically sync individual folders
- Local and server-based search
- Integrate with native PIM to view personal and "work" Contacts and Calendar together
- Support for ActiveSync policies such as PIN, etc.
- Support for certificate-based authentication and S/MIME for encrypted emails
- Enabled for multi-window capability on select devices
- GAL search
- And much more...
Our team is excited to deliver this new application to our mobile users, and we look forward to hearing your feedback! This discussion forum is for you to interact with your peers and with the development team. It is the right place to post questions, tips and tricks, submit bugs and feature requests.